Kaidee is seeking a Platform Director (Cloud, DevOps and Infrastructure) who will lead a team of dedicated Infrastructure professionals in operating our current technology infrastructure, develop the roadmap for advancing both our infrastructure technology and approach, and deliver a secure, stable, and cost effective environment for operating our platform, and corporate technology. This position will be reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The job is also responsible for; managing a group of technical IT Infrastructure personnel; developing and establishing IT infrastructure standards and procedures; assigns work to the operations staff; and the analysis/design/deployment/operations of IT software and hardware systems supporting the business. Kaidee is one of the largest online services in Thailand. We are committed to continue investment in people & tools in order to produce high-quality engineering and retain our leadership position. We have an agile development environment, work with cutting-edge technologies at scale and offer a creative working space for the team to think, design and develop. Kaidee were recently announced as one of the top 3 digital companies to work for in Thailand.
- Lead, mentor, and develop technology professionals to deliver innovative, reliable, and stable infrastructure.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction for Infrastructure including data center, cloud, and networking.
- Provides oversight for the design and development of Infrastructure platforms that fulfill the needs of the business.
- Protect and secure our infrastructure environment evangelizing and implementing industry best practices.
- Encourage team to adopt automation to increase team productivity and improve platform reliability.
- Capacity planning for compute, storage, and networking in both our data center and cloud environments.
- Build strong vendor relationships to deliver strategic business value, reliable platforms, and desirable financial results.
- Assist in managing operating budgets for data center, cloud, and networking with an eye to efficiency and operating margins.
- Oversee the purchasing, contracting, and renewal of infrastructure hardware, software, and services.
- Develop high availability and business continuity plans to ensure availability of critical infrastructure during emergency situations.
- Responsible for the infrastructure and architecture design required to support internal IT systems to fulfill the needs of the business.
- Must be able to direct, train, lead and mentor IT Operations team to successfully meet all needs of the business.
- Oversee the portfolio of infrastructure assets and services from purchase or adoption through retirement.
- Foster and grow a DevOps culture within the organisation.
- Manage, optimize and design a modern, robust cloud infrastructure.
- Provide self-service platform tools to enhance software engineering productivity.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience managing infrastructure and networking with public clouds and data centers for high traffic online platforms.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current hardware, network, telecom, and operating systems including relevant protocol, standards, and best practices.
- Proven operation of multi-region Public Cloud environments including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) on either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with HA (high availability), BCP (business continuity processes), and DR (disaster recovery) planning and solutions.
- Ability to develop and manage capital and expense budgets.
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
Welfare & Benefits;
- Flexible hours
- Town Hall & Happy Friday (Food & Drink provided)
- Free Lunch every day
- Training in-house & Abroad
- Provident Fund (5 or 10%)
- Life / Accident / Disability / Health Insurance
- Dental 4,000 THB
- Vacation leave & Birthday leave