Kaidee is seeking an experienced team player to join us in growing one of the largest online services in Thailand. We are committed to continued investment in people & tools in order to produce high-quality engineering and retain our leadership position. We have an agile development environment, work with cutting-edge technologies at scale and offer a creative working space for the team to think, design and develop.
We are looking for Senior Platform Engineer who will join a dynamic self-organization team and provide best in class support and implementation services for Kaidee’s products.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with strong work habits and have mid-level career experience in maintaining both on-premise and cloud infrastructure (include but not limit to network, server, virtualization, operating system, middleware, CI/CD) in an online application environment. This experience should be rolling out new systems, maintaining, upgrading, replacing, automating, improving performance and securing of the platform.
- Function in a technical role delivering servers, applications and other services (eg. network, OS, automation, etc).
- Pair with development teams to coach, design and develop automated software deployments which reduce the release duration while decreasing the percentage of software release failures.
- Migrate existing services to a public cloud infrastructure.
- Manage public cloud infrastructure and services.
- Create sufficient documentation and services to create and/or enhance ‘self-service’ facilities such as Jenkins, Openstack, monitoring (Sensu), Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Be the main contact for implementation and support activities on Linux and Windows Server based and networking infrastructure components.
- Recommend technology optimizations and process improvements to improve project lead times.
- Help refine the continuous delivery process by working with others in operations and development to enhance release automation using open source tools.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation and training is delivered to 1st & 2nd level support teams.
- This is a hands-on role working collaboratively with development and operations to enable quick builds in parallel project driven Agile development environment.
- This individual will also provide “On Call” support on a scheduled rotation, or may be required to work a shift that provides operational support on Saturday and Sunday.
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing hardware and software infrastructure in Enterprise environments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Ubuntu or Redhat Linux server required; experience with MS Windows Server advantageous.
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes highly preferred
- Linux scripting experience (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash).
- Thorough understanding of high availability architecture, networking, and platform.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure operations, virtual server and network virtualization, security and monitoring systems.
- Agile methodology for managing workflow.
- Good English communication both written and spoken.